Manchester United’s manager, Erik ten Hag, has indicated that Antony may make a return in the Champions League match against Galatasaray at home on Tuesday, despite ongoing police investigations into allegations of misconduct against the Brazilian international.
Antony, the 23-year-old winger who vehemently refutes the accusations, was granted a leave of absence by Manchester United on September 10. He recently returned to England and cooperated with a voluntary interview conducted by Greater Manchester Police last Thursday.
Following some training over the past weekend, there is now a possibility that he could participate in the match against Turkish champions Galatasaray at Old Trafford. This would mark his return after a month-long absence, with his last appearance being against Arsenal.
“Antony will be in consideration, but yesterday was his first time back in team training,” United manager Ten Hag told a pre-match press conference on Monday.
“We have a final training (session) and then we make a decision, but he will be in consideration, yeah.”
Antony is facing multiple allegations of physical aggression leveled by his former girlfriend, Gabriela Cavallin, who shared her account with the Brazilian media earlier this month. The winger has firmly denied these allegations, as well as additional assault claims made by two other women.
Notably, Antony has not faced arrest or charges in either Brazil or Britain. He left the voluntary interview with no restrictions, having presented evidence supporting his strenuous denials.
Ten Hag, asked what Antony’s return to the squad said to victims of domestic violence, said: “So, he cooperated fully,” having not heard the initial question. “It came out he’s not charged, so…”
Note : To submit Press Releases, Statements, and Advert Inquiries for publication on Waffi blog (website) or Television 📺, please use the following contact details: You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or reach us via Whatsapp at 07068286500